Feat of electronics - Ink Jet Printer
To print a character on the product, individual drops of ink are electronically controlled to the correct positions.
- Ink is pressured by an ink supply pump and flows from the ink bottle to the nozzle.
- The nozzle uses ultrasonic vibration to break a pressurized ink stream into small droplets as it leaves the nozzle.
- The drops are ejected from the nozzle at high speed. They pass through the charge electrode tunnel / and then on between the deflection electrode.
- Here the drops are deflected, by an amount which depends on the charge they were given by the charge electrode.
- After the drops leave the region of the deflection electrode they continue to travel in their new direction until they pass out of the printhead and to the substrate.
- Drops that aren't required for printing are caught by the gutter and subsequently recycled back to the ink bottle.